Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Architecture

"Big Black River Railroad Bridge" - Cary
Had Marty Kittrell not told me about this bridge, which is a little south of US 80 on the eastern end of Warrior's Trail, I likely never would have known about it. A rather striking example of nice architecture in a very obscure place, I thought.
E-3 w/ 12-60mm @ 12mm, 1/320sec @ f/8, ISO 100, RAW proc. in ALR2

"Washington Temple" - Matt
I suppose I have my pick of great architecture to photograph around here.
f/9.5, 1/350sec, 38mm

"McCune Mansion" - Kirk
23mm, f/11, 1/50 sec, ISO 200, a-priorty, layer mask sky, curves


Next Week's Challenge:
Southern Shots
28 April 2009 - Weekly Photo Challenge: "Your Own Backyard"
Due: 6 May 2009

I got this idea from a guest blogger on Scott Kelby's blog. He mentioned we often overlook that which is right around us wishing we could be someplace exotic taking pictures. While we don't often get pictures from exotic places here on Southern Shots, I thought it would be fun to look for something close to home that is often overlooked. Try to find an interesting subject that is within a mile from your home or work. Note, this disqualifies landscapes.

1 comment:

goujai said...

Matt - we finally get to see Kirk's house.