Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sports Without Players

"Play Ball" - Lisa
The best I could do in a time crunch. It took a hundred tries!
ISO 640, f/7.1, 1/2800sec

"Wii Have a New Sport" - Mike
We recently got Wii Fit and it's a blast. Who ever thought exercising could be so adictive? Besides, I can't get access to any of our other sport equipment (volleyball, croquet, kickball, etc.) due to our moving loads of stuff out of our house into the shed and haven't had a chance to go photograph sports elsewhere.
55 mm, f/10, 1/13 sec., ISO 800, Matrix, A-Priority

"Tennis Anyone?" - Cary
I borrowed a couple of rackets and some balls from a tennis player at work for this shot. I also considered an empty dugout at the local ball field but the gate was locked this morning and I didn't feel like trespassing.
E-3 w/ 12-60mm @ 12mm, 1/3200 sec @ f/3.5, ISO 100, RAW proc. in ALR2

"Nationals vs. Phillies" - Matt
Well, I guess there actually are players in the background. But I thought maybe Kirk would let it slide. The kids did well, even though we didn't get home 'til 1:00 am.
f/3.5, 1/30sec, 18mm

"swish" - Kirk
It took a couple different angles to get the right lighting so the orange rim would contrast with the blue sky. It then took a lot more shots from my neighbor to time the shot, not to mention get it in.
Nikon D40 w/ 18-55mm @ 40mm, 1/125 sec, f/16, ISO 200, flash, s-priority


Next Week's Challenge:
Southern Shots
20 May 2009 - Weekly Photo Challenge: "Black and White"
Due: 27 May 2009

Kirk turned over the reigns this week. I've enjoyed his challenges.
This week: Black and White. I think we've done this before, but have recently seen some stunning b/w photos and thought we should try some, too.

If you haven't noticed, Tim Floyd posted a picture of his new ones in the "Your Own Backyard" post.

Matt

1 comment:

Mike said...

Lisa, that's an impressive shot for being in a time crunch. Can you elaborate on how you took it? I can't believe that you had someone throwing baseballs at your camera. Was the ball being tossed up or across the view area?
-Mike