Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Free Study

"Wintry Conference" - Cary
You may have noticed the snow on the outside shots during the Sunday sessions of Conference. I assure you, the day before it was very Spring-like. The 6" overnight was an interesting change that I'm sure the flowers on Temple Square didn't much appreciate. My son Trevor and I had a great time at Conference regardless.
E-3 w/ 12-60mm @ 24mm, 1/50 sec @ f/5.6, ISO 100

"Bears" - Lisa
I am trying to learn EVERYTHING about Adobe Elements 9, which I recently purchased so I can do lots of fun things to dress up my photos with digital scrapbooking, another hobby besides photography I also enjoy. Everything in this picture I created (well, maybe not the cute little stuffed bear). I took pictures of each of the acrobat bears and through MAGIC EXTRACTOR on Elements, took the background out, turned it into a png and then added a stroke outline to make them look like stickers. Voila!

"April Fools Platter" - Mike
Lena's been trying a number of new dishes lately and asks me to take pictures of her dishes. This one happened to be Thai Peanut Noodles. Combined with the twisted bread sticks and paper lanterns this meal was themed for our April Fools movie night. We watched Disney's Tangled, but I redid the box cover with "How to Train your Pet Rock". The kids thought the pet rock video would be hilarious and it was a good 20 minutes into the movie when they realized it wasn't a preview. It was a fun evening.
29 mm, f/2.8, 1/20 sec., ISO 400

Next SouthernShots Weekly Challenge
Theme: Street Photography
Due: 13 April 2011
Explanation: Get out and take a photo on the street. Now you don't need to go take pictures of strangers or even in a street environment. The idea here is to get out into the community or somewhere else if you're traveling and compose a picture from your surroundings. You could photograph people, an urban landscape, houses, or a quirky sign. Have fun and be creative!
Here are some tips and ideas, if you need any help.

No comments: