Thursday, February 19, 2015

Go Wide

mdecker: "Aim" - Caleb thought this one was fun.  A bit unnerving to have him draw and aim at the camera, but we both liked the result.  Hardest part seemed to be finding a piece of blank wall large enough to fill the frame.
Swing! - Mike E.
I always enjoy taking pictures of kids playing at the park and my two youngest were excited for a reason to go play at the park despite it being just above freezing outside.  I like how the wide angle exaggerates the perspective.  Did this one quickly during my lunch break today and forgot that I had put the camera on a higher ISO at the Blue and Gold Banquet last night.  So I had to do some noise reduction along with other processing in Lightroom.
ISO 1250, f/16, 1/320 sec, 17 mm


Anthony the Chinchilla - Cary
The cat didn't cooperate with a camera in her face while I composed a close-up shot but Anthony, our chinchilla, is always a willing model.  Softest fur you've ever felt on anything.  
ISO 400, f/2.8, 1/4 sec, 12 mm



Afternoon Song - Emily

I took a different approach, but I think it is still wide :) I love the warm days February has to offer. I also found daffodils on this particular afternoon! Alyssa also enjoys them. We are outside, singing, dancing, playing, running any chance we get. I did enhance the shadows which intensified the color a bit.
ISO 200, f/5.6,  1/60, 18 mm

Next Week's Challenge
19 February 2015 - Weekly Photo Challenge: "Simplicity"
Due: 26 February 2015

No comments: