By panning your camera, you can keep a moving object in focus while blurring the entire background.
Along with the heat comes fun ways to cool off. The hardest part about this shot was keeping Caleb from joining in on the fun (we hadn't brought his swimsuit).
55mm, f/38, 1/10sec, center-weighted, s-priority
"sleeping angel" - KirkRather than renting a model, I took advantage of nap time and tried the zoom-panning technique. I thought this one turned out kind of fun giving a soft glow and halo effect.
24mm., f4.0, 1/2sec, ISO 200, matrix, p-mode
I also had to rent a model since Jonah wasn't up to the task. I however, could only afford this precious two year old for about 3 minutes. She mad a couple runs accross the yard and this was the best I got.
E500 - 96mm., f5.0, 1/60sec, is0400, matrix, shutter priority
I had fun taking several pictures of the kids on the Slip 'n Slide on Monday. The panning shots proved more challenging than I had anticipated. I found the best success by setting my camera on continuous shooting mode and taking several shots while tracking their movement.
D-40, 24 mm, f/9.0, 1/40 sec, ISO 200, Matrix Metering, Program Mode
"Spinning Anna" - CaryI had the idea a week or two ago (before this week's assignment was given) that it would be cool to take a picture of a girl with long hair on a rotating platform. The hair didn't flow out quite like I'd hoped but I was still pleased with the effect. I had to rent the model seeing as my boys' hair is nowhere near long enough. It was a first for both of us.
E-3 w/ 12-60mm @ 23mm, f/16, 1/20 sec; RAW image PP in Lightroom
No comments:
Post a Comment