Wednesday, September 16, 2009

New

"Youngest Grandson" - Lisa
Or in other words, "newest" grandbaby. I realize I am stretching it a bit but this is all I could come up with. I LOVE the expression on his face! This was taken in natural light.
ISO 64 f/3.5 1/65 sec

"New Plant" - Mike
I found this small plant emerging from the ground on Saturday.
55 mm, f/5.6, 1/125 sec., ISO 400, A Priority


"New!" - Cary

Try this: go to your pantry or cupboard where you store household goods and count the number of items emblazoned with the term "new" in some form. It's obviously a very effective marketing tool - even if all that was updated was the packaging.

E-3 w/ 12-60 mm @ 30mm, 1/60 sec @ f/8, bounce flash, ISO 100






"Just Emerged" - Matt
I think this bumble bee had freshly emerged and was waiting for the strength to fly away. It was fun getting in so close. The biggest problem was the wind and that the bee kept shaking its head and antennae.
f/22, 15sec, 50mm



Next Week's Challenge

Southern Shots

16 September 2009 - Weekly Photo Challenge: "Ground Shot"

Due: 23 September 2009


Get a different perspective by taking shots with the camera down on the ground or very close to it. Experiment and have fun!

Mike



Don't forget that the "Bonus Pics" section below is for any picture you've taken recently.

Bonus Pics:

"Hall pitches to Kariya" - Cary

We had really good seats for the BYU v. Tulane game. Actually, everyone there had good seats 'cause there weren't many people in the Superdome that day. I gained a new appreciation for sports photographers but had a blast trying to get some good shots. Winning 54-3 also helped make it enjoyable. :)

E-3 w/ 70-300mm @ 300mm, 1/250 sec @ f/5.6, ISO 640

No comments: