"Fresh from the Sahara Desert" - Aaron
This water is from the Great Man-made River project in Libya, which is pumping out millenia-old water from beneath the Sahara Desert.
"Crystal Geyser" - Matt
Bit late; stuck in NH and couldn't get back to the office until today. I thought this assignment was kinda fun.
f/5.3, 1/250sec, 42mm
Overhead light & side light through white umbrella. I had some difficulty eliminating unwanted reflections from the adjacent lights.
55 mm, 1/30 sec., f/5.6, ISO 400

"Thirsty?" - Cary
I had quite a bit of fun with this challenge and I admit getting lots of ideas from examples on the web. Among many other things, I learned that you can do amazing things with a remote flash and a tin foil snoot.
E-3 w/ 50mm, 1/100 sec @ f/5.6, ISO 100
Next Week's Challenge:
Southern Shots10 February 2010 - Weekly Photo Challenge: "View with a Room"
Due: 17 February 2010
The fifth assignment from the "strobist" blog. This one also doesn't need a model. Balance your off-camera light, permanent lighting, and ambient light to show off the room.
Matt
Bonus Pics:
View out our front window. This was just the beginning of the storm last weekend. Got another 12" to 18" more by the next afternoon, then we got hit by the second storm on Tuesday-Wednesday (another 24"). - Matt
1 comment:
Cary, how'd you light and get the reflection?
Post a Comment