Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Medicine

"Made in China" - Matt
An old Chinese woman gave this one to me.  Not particularly nice going down, but works well on headaches.
f/32, 1/90sec, 46mm


"I don't wanna!" - Cary
Ok, so this picture was a set up but Benjamin really didn't like this medicine when he had to take it. Thankfully, he doesn't need to any more. I didn't read the comments about getting a set-up shot until after I took this but it was pretty basic: camera on a tripod, me holding the spoon in one hand and a cable release in the other - oh and LiveView with the articulating screen turned towards the subjects so I could make sure we were all composed properly in the frame.
E-3 w/ 50mm, 1/2 sec @ f/5.6, ISO 100


Extra-Strength  - Isaac
This is a "medicated" product I discovered while living in the humid jungles of Argentina, and recently re-discovered after moving to humid Mississippi.  The shot is a composite of two images, one of the container to cover up one with my hand squeezing to produce the powdery spray.  Lighting comes from two flashes.  The key is bounced off a piece of foam core for a pseudo soft box effect.  The second flash located rear left, does double duty providing rim light and fill with the help of a bounce card (a folded sheet of paper) on camera right.  I had to dodge out the slight transition between the glass and my black background.  No other adjustments made in post.

 Next Week: Free Study
Sorry about the delay.  We'll be on top of it next week.
Matt


Bonus Pics:
Matt - Flash on the left, poster board above, black fabric behind, and mirror below.

Matt - Nothing to do with medicine, but I thought it was cute.

2 comments:

Isaac said...

I promise I didn't try to copy Matt with the sheet of glass and black background.

goujai said...

Very clever to do a double exposure to get the spray. Cool picture.