Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Water

"Water Drop" - Aaron
I edited the colors a bit to help the droplets stand out.
This one was fun to take.

"Freemont River Falls" - Cary
These falls on the Freemont River are right along Highway 24, just inside the eastern side of Capitol Reef National Park in south-central Utah. They are a favorite place to cool off in the afternoon heat of the high desert when we visit the area in summer. Later in the day there are usually many people here enjoying the water fun but the best light hits the falls at sunrise and its usually too chilly to enjoy the water then. Just ask my toes. From this low and wide perspective, it is hard to tell but the falls themselves are about 20 feet in height while the canyon wall behind them is over 500 feet tall.
E-3 w/ 12-60mm @ 12mm, 1/320 sec @ f/5.6, ISO 100, Circular Polarizer

Swim-Marisol
Adan has learned how to swim this summer. Here he is enjoying his new skill.


"Leaf" - by Lisa


"Culprit" - Matt
I kept finding huge holes in my lettuce and spinach. I think I found the culprit (or one of them, at least). He sat still long enough for me to get the shots I wanted. Then I introduced him to the sole of my shoe.
f/5.6, 1/30sec, 55mm



Next week's challenge:

Southern Shots
4 August 2010 - Weekly Photo Challenge: "Dry"
Due: 11 August 2010

Now that we've enjoyed something cool and wet, it's time to go back to the heat of the summer.

Sorry this is a remote posting. I'll get a picture up later this week when I'm home.

-Kirk


Bonus Pics:

"Wildflowers" - Cary
These wildflowers were literally everywhere along the highways from Texas to Utah. I saw them in every state in small groups and in large fields just like this one along Highway 95 in southeastern Utah. I finally stopped and took some photos cause I enjoyed them so much.
E-3 w/ 12-60mm @ 23mm, 1/160 sec @ f/8, ISO 100, Circular Polarizer

No comments: