"Jen" - mdecker
The goal was to make a photo with lights and darks, but little or nothing in between. Turned out pretty good, but I would have liked to come up with a way to cut down on the wispy hairs up top. Maybe a hat? Any ideas from the group?
I-20 in Vicksburg at Dusk - Cary
Olympus E-3 w/ 12-60mm @ 17mm, 25 sec @ f/22, ISO 100
The theme made me think of things that are light in the dark which led me to try a long exposure shot of cars at night and the cool trails left by their lights. Wisconsin Ave looking west just after sunset seemed like a good setting. I love what f/22 does to point light sources.
Adirondacks at Night - Mike
Nikon D5300, 32 mm, 1 sec, f/2.8, ISO 200
I was extremely busy this past week while serving on the staff for Wood Badge this week. However, I thought the light coming from the top of the Adirondacks made for an interesting stark contrast.
Next Challenge: Free Study
Due: Thursday 2 April 2015
Nikon D5300, 32 mm, 1 sec, f/2.8, ISO 200
I was extremely busy this past week while serving on the staff for Wood Badge this week. However, I thought the light coming from the top of the Adirondacks made for an interesting stark contrast.
Next Challenge: Free Study
Due: Thursday 2 April 2015



2 comments:
Matt,
That was a neat concept. I think the idea of using a hat is a good one. How did you light the picture and keep the high contrast?
MattD: lit with one flash, turned way down, placed at about 10 o'clock to where Jen is facing. It had to be behind her somewhat to get the rim-like effect; at 12 o'clock, it would light too much of her face. The problem with the backlighting, though, is that the little wispy hairs stand out.
Post a Comment