Friday, March 13, 2015

Water

Collision - mdecker

I've done drops before, but always wanted to catch them colliding.  Turned out to be a lot of fun, but my setup still needs some work.



China Cove - Cary
Olympus E-3 w/ 12-60mm @ 18mm, 1/320 sec @ f/5.6, ISO 100

I once read a photography book that included this tip for taking better pictures: stand in front of more interesting stuff.  The turquoise water and steep, rocky walls of China Cove on the California coast just south of Carmel in Point Lobos State Reserve are pretty interesting, I think.

Suspended Drops - Mike
Nikon D5300, 300mm, 1/100 sec, f/5, ISO 200

I was out taking pictures of water drops on plants in my back yard when I noticed this neat little spider web near the ground that was covered in little water droplets.  I love my 1/2 macro 70-300 mm Tamron Lens that lets me get great close up shots of small things.  It is interesting how the different perspective really changes how things look.

Next Week's Challenge: 
Green
Due: 3/20/2015

No comments: