Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lit from Behind

"Behind the River Light" - Tim
Monday's beautiful evening light gave an opportunity for a beautiful picture.
f/2.8, 1/110, ISO 800, 41 mm equivalent

"Pink Dogwood at Sunrise" - Cary
There is a pink dogwood in town that I watch every year to catch it in bloom. It blossomed just in time for this week's challenge. I, too, had a hard time deciding. I'm partial to backlit trees and there were some Easter lilly pictures I liked too. They can be seen here if you're interested.
E-3 w/ 18-180mm, f10, 1/50s @ 180mm, ISO 100, A-priority, processed in Lightroom

"Cool Shade of a Daffodil" - Matt
I let the sun light the flower from behind, then added a bit of flash from the front.
28mm, f/14, 1/200sec, full flash, manual mode

"Eency Weency Spider" - Mike
I noticed this tiny spider after taking some shots of the fig tree with the sun behind it. I was quite pleased with how it turned out. I also have some other shots if you care to see them.
f/5.6, 1/125, ISO 200, 55 mm, Pattern Weighted, A Priority

"fireball" - somer
Who says s can't take pictures?
E500 - f/5.0, 1/1600, ISO 100, 104 mm, Matrix Weighted, A-Priority

"He is risen" - ryan
I had a hard time deciding which picture to use, but since it was Easter... You can check out my other shots here
E500 - f/22, 1/160, ISO 100, 14 mm, Matrix Weighted, Manual

"popcorn popping" - Kirk
Every spring I love to see the white blossoms on the Bradford Pear trees.
I over exposed the image and used a soft flash to brighten up the petals and leaves and then brightened the highlights a little bit.
f/14,1/500,ISO 200,Center weighted,program mode

No comments: