Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My World


"Boring World" - Tim
It was a pretty day, but this was my trial go at it. I felt limited on time and didn't finish another. I may post a new picture later.

"My Vicksburg World" - Matt
I wanted a composite picture of things that remind me of Vicksburg. Sorry this week's challenge became more of an exercise on post-processing than anything else... not necessarily what I had intended. Still, hope you learned some thing and had fun.
Used all kinds of camera settings. Software: Gimp.

"cannongate world" - Kirk
These pictures were taken early Sunday morning as a test, but after many hours of struggling with Autostitch this became my world.
Tools: AutoStitch, Photoshop Elements 5.0

"CHL World" - Cary
ERDC's Coastal & Hydraulics Laboratory - a place where I've spent much of my life over the past 13 1/2 years. I took this at 2:30 pm on Sunday when the sun was high in the sky and the parking lot was (mostly) empty. The circular turn-about in front of the building made for a perfect place to set my tripod. AutoStitch rocks, by the way - even though it only works on WinXP. Photoshop CS3 has it's own pano-stitch tool but the results from several different panos I took were nowhere near as good as those from AutoStitch. This was a fun exercise!
E-3, 12-60mm, f8 w/ shutter speeds from 1/80s to 1/320s @ 20mm, A-priority, ISO 100, Tools: AutoStitch and Photoshop CS3

"Backyard World" - Mike
I thought it would be fun to turn my backyard into a little world. I was fortunate enough to get both the moon and the sun included in the set of photos.
f/4.5, 1/60, Automatic Mode, 180 photos, Tools: autostitch & GIMP 2.4.5

No comments: