Wednesday, February 25, 2009

From the Ground Up

Take a picture from the perspective of the ground up.

"Daffodils Risiing" - Mike
We enjoyed seeing our daffodils and forsythia blooming in our yard. I didn't have Live View or an articulating LCD screen, but I got some nice pictures from below anyways. I really need to do a better job at checking my ISO setting before taking pictures, though.
18 mm, f/5.6, 1/4000 sec., ISO 800, A Priority

"Twirl" - Matt
Thought this would make a fun picture of Jen and I, since most of our pictures are of kids.
18mm, f/3.5, 1/10sec

"Engine 4" - Cary
Monday morning I was driving around downtown Vicksburg when I saw the firemen pull Engine 4 out for a washing. They didn't mind my taking a few shots before they got started. There have been several shots I've taken over the past year that were made much easier by having a camera with LiveView and an articulating LCD screen. This week's theme was definitely one of them.
E-3 w/ 12-60mm @ 12mm, 1/400 sec @ f/8, ISO 100, RAW proc. in ALR2

Next week's challenge:
Southern Shots
25 February 2009 - Weekly Photo Challenge: "Burst of Color"
Due: 4 March 2009

Use a colorful impact to offset your subject from the rest of the photograph (Examples).

This article is also interesting on producing more vivid colors.

No comments: