Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Monochromatic Color

Take a photo that utilizes one prominent color or create a duotone photo.

"White" - Matt
This turned out pretty cool looking. The lighting tapered off a bit, which I didn't notice until after the shot, but I like the overall effect.
f/11, 6 sec., 55mm

"Vibrant Valve" - Cary
This valve and wall are on the side of a building situated facing the road on a well-traveled street in downtown Vicksburg. I'm sure you've all passed it dozens of times. Anyone know where it is? Since I was looking for monochromatic scenes, I noticed it when I was driving around town last Saturday.
E-3 w/ 12-60mm @ 43mm, 1/400 sec @ f/8, ISO 100, RAW processed in ALR2

"Through Rose-colored Glasses" - Mike
The world really is a magical place for little children. They take great joy in the simple things such as grass, leaves, textures, colors, and sounds. Then we grow up and forget somehow what a wondrous place the world is. I enjoy getting to rediscover the world through the eyes of my children. I took this picture of Alyssa while playing outside with the kids this week. I applied a rose tint in Picasa and a soft focus effect in GIMP.
55 mm, f/5.6, 1/30 sec., ISO 800, A-priority, Processed with Picasa 3 & GIMP 2.4

"Forsythia" -Lena
Next week's challenge:
Southern Shots
11 February 2009 - Weekly Photo Challenge: "Diptych or Triptych"
Due: 18 February 2009

A Diptych (pronounced "DIP-tik") is a work of art divided into two sections. A Triptych (pronounced "TRIP-tik") is divided into three sections, usually with one section being larger and the other two smaller. The concept is to take two or three pictures that compliment each other and arrange them next to each other to create a nice composition.

Examples:

Diptych: http://www.dpchallenge.com/image.php?IMAGE_ID=301206

Triptych: http://www.dpchallenge.com/image.php?IMAGE_ID=764565

Jamie Bailey also has several Diptych and Triptych portrait compositions on her website.

Have fun and be creative!

Mike

No comments: